Sunday, February 16, 2014

2011 - 2014

WTF?! Whats with me and inconsistency?? Its been 4years since I visited this blog site.

Here's a rundown of that 4 years:

2011: KABOOMS!

I reached my highest weight by the end of this year, almost 100kgs!! :((( What happened?? lotsa lotsa letting go and fastfood and chocolates thats what.. and I didnt even notice the pounds had crept in

I went on a Europe tour by the end of the year with my bestfriend from Sydney, and much to say I loathed myself.. I was pudgy, weak, sickly and couldnt TOTALLY enjoy much of the trip. It was cold, we were walking a lot, and I was surrounded by these fit, young aussies and kiwis that I felt so old and well.. ugly.. Dont get me wrong I still enjoyed the sight seeing, the time with my bestie, and ofcourse the new places that I saw. Man oh man did I love Rome!! Venice and Florence.. out of all the 9 countries we went to, Italy was amazing! I just wished I was in top shape then..

2012: AWARENESS

I reunited with some old friends, started going out again and somehow lost 5kgs by March..

I joined the gym after 6 years of not going.. my starting weight -- 95kgs... I started slow..I mean really slow..on and off.. but still went to the gym.. It kicked in around August time when I am going regularly after work. During Ramadan, there were no classes held after work until late. So I did my own weights and cardio training. was ok..

In September, I started to really do this.. I am attending body pump an body combat on the same day.. I started going to the gym Sundays (2hrs), Tuesdays (2hrs), Thursday (1hr) and I LOVE IT!!! I can deplete myself until Im crawling out of the gym and would gladly do it the next day... I can say my fitness had started at this point.

I dont like weighing myself, so I didnt. I am more concerned of my clothes size. I think since march , I had gone down to size 18 to 16. ALL THIS WITHOUT THE DIET. Just full on working out. The only thing I cut out from my diet was the fried fast food.. and thats it.

I still ate whatever I want, whenever I want. I HOGGED chocolates.. (to date).

2013: SAME OL SHITE..

Working out regularly. My weights had gradually increased.. from a measely 2kgs per side of the barbells up to 7.5kgs on each side.. For Body Combat and Body Pump, I do give it my all until I can no longer breathe... :D I started to discover my increased capacity, increased stamina, and further I made workout buddies at the gym..

I had become a gym rat.. :) AND from:
- 95kgs I am down to 75kgs
- size 18 down to size 10 OR 12,
- BMI of 33 to 26
- Muscle Mass of 27kg -28.5kg
- Body fat % from 46.7 to 33

without proper diet, and I must say poor nutrition..

That is so wrong.. I know.. That is me being easy on myself,

I am lazy. Lazy to prepare my meals, lazy to cook, lazy to buy stuff to cook. So there. thats my biggest hurdle from the dawn of my female body awareness :/. Pa deliver dito, padeliver kay kuya, junk food, pagutuman hanggang sipagin mag luto ngggg.. noodles! :D hay.. this is my waterloo.. For the whole of 2013, I fluctuated between 73-78kgs.. At one point of the year, I started drinking a lot, bec of the people I hang out with. Its not really a problem for me, I do handle my alcohol very well.. Surprisingly, for someone who doesnt drink a lot, can handle a lot of beers in one go (10 beers max) and still walk properly, talk straight and even drive home.. Although my friends dont let me on most days.. So during this drinking phase, the scale didnt budge despite working out like a mad woman. There I realised, this has got to go..Im alcohol free until year end. well not really free, I drank on NYE but thats it.. as part of the celebration.

Oh btw, I fucking skydived this year! hell yeah! and I would do it again and again if given the budget :D

2014: Stuck at 75kg and Im sick of it...

I know I had to do something with my nutrition. Thats the only missing component. I did try before, SEVERAL times, to eat healthy, but failed miserably. The ratio of 20% exercising and 80% nutrition is the opposite, Im doing 90% exercising and 10% nutrition. I am now considered one of the regulars at the gym, a "hard core" workout-er (if there is such a term).. I lift, I box, I do interval trainings, circuit trainings, I do spinning sometimes.. I mean, I am actually there in the fitness side as to what my body will allow me.. But I am not at the ideal best, after more than 1 year at the gym.. I should be more than what I am right now. AND I shouldnt be spending so much time at the gym.. AND I should be at my leanest now given the way I workout..

BUT HELL NO. I am still with flabs, I still look big/fat, I still have a tummy. I do appreciate the success that I had. I am proud to say, I fit in most of my clothes circa 2006 :). My butt looks way better than in 2006 :D (aiming for that rock hard round bums, so can you imagine how many squats I do at the gym?!?!? It does not happen overnight people!!) . I can feel my arm muscles.. I love the fact that I can feel my tricep muscles when I twist and place my arms in front of me. I love the fact that I can do intervals on the treadmill of up to a speed of 12 (8.5 working to 12 speed at a 1:1 ratio of 30secs work, 30secs rest; ending the whole thing with a 15mins speedwalk at 7.5). I love the fact that I can workout and that I absolutely love it.

But this is not entirely what I want.

I want a strong, tight and lean body. I dont want to be skinny nor skinny fat, and I do not want to be bulky (bulky with fat) either. I never wanted to. I want to be Lean, Lean, Lean!!!!. Have those toned muscles, a body fat % of 22, a BMI of 20 :))). I want to beat the shit out of people during bootcamps, circuits, and mud races. I want to skydive without worrying if I will breach the weight limit. I want sexy shoulders. I want to walk from my core, and feel my core work in every movement like clockwork. I want to do Les Milles Grit, without dying. I wanna kill it! I want my body to work freely.

Ahh.. how good must that feel...

I want to be FIT. But with the way Im going, Im gonna kill myself by not realizing that goal.

One person had told me that I am over training in order to COMPENSATE for a BAD DIET. Ding! Spot on! Guilty as charged.. But honestly.. I workout like this not because I have to, but because I want to. I love the feeling of being able to lift more, to last more, to sweat more. I love the feeling of being strong and the fact that it wasnt really that difficult for me to reach this place. Physical activies are relatively easy for me (difficulty is / was proportionate to my body weight).

By the end of 2013 this is my routine:

Sun: 7-9 body pump + combat; 9-9:30- sauna; 10pm- home
Mon: sometimes off; some days- 45mins/5km interval training on the treadmill+1hr body balance; 30 mins at the sauna; home by 10
Tues: 7-9 body pump + combat; 9-9:30- sauna; 10pm- home
Wed: Rest
Thurs: rest OR  7-8 either body combat or 45mins on the treadmill; home by 9
Fri: 10-12 body pump + body step; 12-12:30- sauna; 1pm- home/out
Sat: Rest aka. chores day! :(

On top of this, I aim to reach 8000 to 10000 steps a day (using a wrist pedometer- wont brand drop here :P )  AND I try to squeeze in some social life at nights/in between.

Given this schedule, I reach home by 10 on most days. That leaves me with no energy for anything else. I either have a protein drink, followed by some junk (chips, biscuits, leftovers) when I reach home.. I also have a cat that I need to clean up for, groom and play a bit.. This is no issue as it barely takes 10mins to do the litter scooping, a bit of brushing and filling the food tray. Playing is 15mins (max for me.. Im so tired!)

Oh and I dont sleep well. I get barely 4hrs a day.. And that too is not a sound sleep.

There, its so obvious that it makes me look stupid

I know what I should do- balance it out. But it never worked for me before.
I should fix this 2 things:

- My nutrition-- to help me bring down my body fat
- Sleep-- get the recommended at least 6-7 hrs of sleep per day

How? Focus

Focus on these 2 things, like the way I focused on my workouts.

Focus..

Hocus.. Pocus..  :?? :D

I will create a new blog for this new task, journey, goal that I am embarking on that is PILL free! I want to be rid of these pills and do myself and my liver a  favor and finally start taking responsibility for my health.. I am not getting any younger.. :/

Bring on the Era of Nutrition..
 

No comments: